My apologies for not getting the blog updated last Friday. Here is what we have been up to:
1. We are reading, reading, reading. The whole class sustains "Read to Self" for about 30 minutes - a huge improvement from the beginning of the year! During this time students spread out all over the room and get "comfy" while eating their snack and reading, reading, reading. As you can see in the picture, Koby and Jacob are completely immersed in their own books :)
2. We have finished up our Science Unit and will switch back to Social Studies to learn about the Creek Indians.
3. We have started our second non-fiction/ informational writing project.
4. We are growing more accustomed to the tricky ways we are asked to sort our spelling words!
5. We have measured just about everything in the classroom, in our desks, and our bodies - as we have become familiar with inches and centimeters.
A few reminders:
- Spelling Homework is always due on Tuesday when it is assigned on
Monday. You can have your child do extra assignments throughout the week, but if Spelling HW is not turned in Tuesday it is counted as late (unless I hear from a parent).
- ALL Homework is due the next day unless it is noted as later (for ex: due Friday). I am keeping track this second 9 week period, and late HW impacts your child's HW grade. I can make adjustments if I hear from you via note, binder or email - I know that you have other things going on and that emergencies happen.
- As temperatures drop, please have your child wear a coat to school. When we are truly in "winter weather", a lack of jacket/coat could keep your child from enjoying outdoor recess.
Thank you so much for all that you do from home to support our learning at school. It does not go unnoticed and is much appreciated!
Enjoy your weekend, Mrs. Brim