THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lots of partner activities in Science.
- Comparing 2 books about
the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill in 1989.
- New reading groups!
- Our first power-point presentations with parents!
- Please send your student's goals with them on Tuesday.
- SCIENCE TEST ON TUESDAY: please study for the Science test - especially the last page of the study guide.
- We will do quite a bit of reading and learning about Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We will begin a new Science Unit - MATTER.
- New writing unit: OPINION
- Scholastic Book Fliers will come home next week - new ordering deadline is Feb. 15.
THANK YOU --- for all the snack donations! We are in good shape for awhile.
Thank you also for your response to our power-point signups - we have really enjoyed preparing and practicing and presenting. I can see enormous growth in each child's confidence in speaking in front of a group.
Enjoy your long weekend!